Information for authors
Publication requirements for a scientific article in the "Central Asia Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities" journal
Requirement for authors:
The editorial board accepts previously unpublished articles on the scientific directions of the journal.
The article is submitted in electronic format (in the formats .doc, .docx, .rtf) ONLY by downloading it through the functionality of the journal's website (Open Journal System or Editorial Manager).
The size of the font is 12, the font is Times New Roman, the alignment is the width of the text, the interval is single, the paragraph is 1 cm, the margins are upper and lower - 2 cm, the left one - 3 cm, the right one - 1 cm.
The volume of the article (not including the title, information about authors, annotations and keywords) should be at least 3,000 words and not exceed 7,000 words for social and humanitarian purposes.
Authors in obligatory order should indicate in the cover letter in the Open Journal System or Editorial Manager system, that the article / manuscript was not published anywhere, and that there are no borrowed fragments of the text from other works without references to them.
Structure of the article:
The first line is the UDC number, the alignment is on the left, the font is bold.
The title of the article (headline) should reflect the essence and content of the article and attract the attention of the reader. The title should be short, informative and not contain jargons or abbreviations. The optimal length of the headline is 5-7 words (in some cases 10-12 words). The title of the article should be presented in Russian, Kazakh and English. The title of the article is shown in bold in lowercase letters, alignment - in the center.
The author (s) of the article - indicating the name and surname, academic degree, academic title, position held, place of work, city, country, contact phone number, email - in Russian, Kazakh and English. Information about authors is represented in ordinary type in lowercase letters, alignment in the center.
Abstract in the volume of 150-500 words in Russian, Kazakh and English.
The structure of the annotation includes the following OBLIGATORY items:
- Introduction to the research topic.
- Purpose, main directions and ideas of scientific research.
- Brief description of the scientific and practical significance of the work.
- Brief description of the research methodology.• Main results and analysis, conclusions of research work.
- The value of the study (contribution of this work to the relevant field of knowledge).
- The practical significance of the results of the work. Key words / word combinations - 3-5 in Russian, Kazakh and English.
Next page (new):
1) The introduction consists of the following main elements:
- Justification of the choice of topic; The urgency of the topic or problem. In substantiating the choice of the topic based on the description of the experience of predecessors, a problem situation is reported (the absence of any studies, the appearance of a new object, etc.). The relevance of the topic is determined by the general interest in the study of this object, but by the lack of exhaustive answers to existing questions, it is proved by the theoretical or practical significance of the topic.
- Definition of an object or subject, goals, tasks, methods, approaches, hypotheses and the meaning of your work. The purpose of the study is related to the proof of the thesis, that is, the presentation of the subject of research in the author's chosen aspect.
2) Material and Methods - should consist of a description of the materials and the progress of the work, as well as a complete description of the methods used.
The characteristic or description of the research material includes its presentation in qualitative and quantitative terms. The characteristic of the material is one of the factors determining the reliability of the conclusions and methods of investigation.
This section describes how the problem was studied: detailed information without repeating previously published established procedures; the identification of equipment (software) and the description of materials are used, with the obligatory introduction of novelty when using materials and methods.
The scientific methodology should include:
- Research question (s);
- Put forward hypothesis (thesis);
- Stages of research;
- Research methods;
- Results of the study.
3) In the literature review section, the fundamental and new works on the topic of foreign authors in English should be covered (at least 15 works), the analysis of the given works in terms of their scientific contribution, and the research gaps that you supplement in your Article. It is IMPOSSIBLE to have a lot of links that are not relevant to work, or inappropriate judgments about your own achievements, references to your previous work.
4) In the Results and Discussion section, you analyze and discuss the results of your research. The conclusion is drawn on the results obtained during the research, the main essence is revealed. And this is one of the most important sections of the article. It is necessary to analyze the results of your work and discuss the relevant results in comparison with previous works, analyzes and conclusions.
5) Conclusion, deductions – summarize and wrap-up the work at this stage; Confirmation of the truth of the assertion made by the author, and the author's conclusion about the change in scientific knowledge, taking into account the results obtained. The conclusions should not be abstract; they should be used to summarize the results of research in a particular scientific field, with a description of proposals or the possibilities for further work.
The structure of the conclusion should contain the following questions: What are the aims and methods of the study? What are the results? What are the conclusions? What are the prospects and opportunities for implementing, applying the development?
6) The list of used literature (References) consists of at least 30 titles of literature and 50% of them in English. If there are works presented in Cyrillic in the list of literature, it is necessary to present the list of literature in two versions: first in the original, and second in the romanized alphabet (transliteration).
The list of literature is presented in alphabetical order, and ONLY those works that are cited in the text. The style of design of the list of literature for social and humanitarian directions represented in the American Psychological Association (APA) (http://www.apastyle.org/).
In this section it is necessary to take into account:
- Cite the main scientific publications, advanced research methods that are used in this field of science and on which your work is based.
- Study the material you refer to, and do not rely on excerpts or individual sentences of these works in other works.
- Avoid excessive self-citation.
- Avoid excessive references to publications of CIS / USSR authors, use the world experience.
- The list of bibliographies should contain fundamental and most relevant works published by well-known foreign authors and researchers on the topic of the article.
7) References to quoted works in the paper are given in parentheses, indicating the first author of the work, year of publication: page number (s). For example, (Zaleski 1991: 25). If there are several works of the same author published in one year in the list of references, then in addition to the year of publication, the letter "a", "b", etc. is added. For example, (Saduova, 2001a: 15), (Saduova, 2001b, 22).
Figures, tables, graphs, diagrams are represented directly in the paper with the indication of numbering (For example, Fig. 1, Table 1). The number of figures, tables, graphs and diagrams should not exceed 20% of the total volume of the article (in some cases up to 30%).