About the journal
The «Farabi Journal of Social Sciences» (previously "Central Asian Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities", previous ISSN: 2522-1043, previous eISSN: 2522-1051) was established in 2015 for the publication and promotion of scientific research results in the field of social sciences. The founder and publisher of the journal is the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University (Almaty, Kazakhstan). The journal has an approved cover and title pages with an indication of the university, output numbers of the issue, ISSN, eISSN, editorial board, editorial policy, publication ethics and website.
The journal is published 2 times a year. Journal articles are registered in the CrossRef database. For each author's article DOI (digital object identifier) is assigned, that is used to provide citation, reference and output to electronic documents.
The journal is included into the EBSCO database, leading provider of research databases, e-journals, magazine subscriptions, e-books and discovery service to libraries of all kinds, and also placed in the Scientific Electronic Library elibrary.ru in open access for readers and is included in the analytical database «Russian Science Citation Index».
The editorial board of the journal includes leading Kazakhstani and foreign scientists.
The journal follows the policy of information openness and accessibility of authors' publications, articles are posted on the journal's website in full-text access.
The goal of the «Farabi Journal of Social Sciences» is to publish research and review articles by leading scientists and experts containing the results of fundamental, theoretical and applied research in social sciences.
Objectives of the journal
- Providing scientists with the opportunity to publish the results of their research;
- Drawing attention to the most relevant and interesting promising areas of scientific research on the subject of the journal;
- Developing a policy of publishing scientific articles of domestic and foreign authors with a high international citation index in the journal;
- Ensuring the high quality of publications that are of increased interest to the world scientific community.
Thematic directions of the journal
The journal publishes the research results in Social Sciences and covers the following subject areas:
- Economics and management;
- Political science;
- Public administration;
- Management in Education;
- World economy;
- International relations;
* The publication of the manuscript(s) in the journal is free of charge.